Over the last few months we have missed meeting together as a Church family. Plans are now being put in place for us to open the Church for worship on Sunday 16th August. This letter is to inform you of the changes we are to make to comply with Government and Church of Scotland guidelines.
As you may be aware, we are only allowed a maximum of 50 people in the Church at any time. In order that we can manage the numbers you are requested to phone the Church office during office hours to book a place (office hours Tue, Wed & Fri 11:15 – 2.45). This should be done from the Tuesday prior to the Sunday Service. A note of your telephone number will be taken to assist with the NHS Scotland Test & Protect Strategy. Your personal data will be retained for up to 28 days and then will be disposed of securely. We will review the numbers on an ongoing basis and an additional service may take place if required.
The Church of Scotland has produced an ‘Assessment Tool’ to help you decide if it is safe for you to return to Church at this time. This is for your guidance only and it is up to each individual to decide what is right for them. A copy of the ‘Assessment Tool’ is available here: Church of Scotland - Self assesment tool.
The service will continue to be online for those who are unable to attend.
Guidance for attending
- Entry/exit will be from the front door on Glasgow Road.
- Doors will be open from 10:45am.
- Please wear a face mask on entering the building and continue to keep this on until you leave.
- Hand sanitiser will be at the door and you are requested to use this as you enter and leave.
- On entry you will be allocated a seat by a steward. Please remain in the seat that you are allocated.
- The service will last around half an hour and there will be no singing.
- No collection will be uplifted during the service but a collection plate will be at the front door.
- The only toilet available will be the one at the back of the Church.
- No entry will be allowed to the halls/upstairs toilets.
- There will be no tea & coffee after the service.
- At the end of the service you will be directed to the exit by the stewards.
As you can see from the picture, chairs have been removed from the sanctuary to allow for social distancing.
We are currently reviewing provision for children and will be in touch directly with parents in due course.
We are looking forward to seeing some of you back in Church soon but if you are unable to attend, we will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.